As a mother of two children and a traveller I want to capture the memories of our travels in a fun, educational way.
As someone committed to the sustainability of Our World I want to make sure that my travelogs are environmentally friendly. My products & packaging are all made from sustainably sourced paper.
Through blogging about travel and the environment I am contributing to the wider conversation about how we can enjoy and protect Our World.
And I love the fact that I am doing this through the medium of a physical product - a booklet - that doesn't need a battery!
We have now joined Tourism Declares a Climate Emergency. We are a small organization but feel we have to be part of this initiative in anyway we are able. Every action counts, everything we do as individuals & organizations count.
Our declaration is this:
We Declare a Climate Emergency
We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares and the Glasgow Declaration - Climate Action in Tourism initiatives that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency specifically by making the committments as follows-
By becoming a signatory, we agree to implement the commitments detailed in the Glasgow Declaration, notably:
1. Support: the global commitment to halve emissions by 2030 and reach Net Zero as soon as possible before 2050.
2. Plan: Deliver climate action plans within 12 months from signing (or updating them) and implementing them accordingly
3. Align: with five shared pathways (Measure, Decarbonise, Regenerate, Collaborate, Finance) to accelerate and ensure climate action is consistent across all of tourism.
4. Report: Report publicly both progress against interim and long-term targets, as well as the actions being taken, at least annually
5. Collaborate: Work in a collaborative and constructive spirit within the rest of signatories of the Glasgow Declaration sharing good practices and solutions, and disseminating information to encourage support one another to reach targets as quickly as possible.
Please consider also declaring at www.tourismdeclares.com, or signing up to the Glasgow Declaration and follow on @tourismdeclares on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin